We are receiving calls from customers and being asked in the shop about the introduction of E10 fuel this week and how this will affect their garden machinery.
E10 is a fuel made up of 90% regular petrol and 10% ethanol. It has now been introduced as the standard grade available at the UK filling stations. This change will not result in issues for the majority of road vehicles manufactured from 2011 onwards.
Our research has shown us that most manufacturers with E5 rated machinery have been tested with E10 and so the transition to E10 should give no problems. HOWEVER, the big issue continues to be what happens when the machine is being stored.
E10 fuel will go “stale” much quicker than E5 already does. The science tells us that the more ethanol that fuel contains the faster it will absorb moisture and fuel which contains more water will speed up corrosion in tanks and carburettors.
However, in small engine machinery which uses a carburettor, ethanol can damage the integrity of plastic and rubber, resulting in parts failing, higher running temperature, and poor reliability. The increase in levels of ethanol at the pump is expected to cause a rise in fuel-related issues in garden machinery, especially in machinery used infrequently. Supermarket fuel may contain more ethanol so it would be our advice to use the main filling stations to buy your garden machinery fuel or use the substitutes such as Aspen Fuel.
There are many reasons why people choose to use Aspen Fuel in their garden machinery and the introduction of E10 increases the benefits over pump fuel.
• No expensive repair bills caused by stale fuel
• Your machine always starts and is ready to go, even after long standstill periods
• Lasts for years without deterioration
• Aspen does not contain ethanol
• Virtually odourless
• Less maintenance and a longer machine life
• Available in a conveniently sized container
• Premixed 2-stroke eliminates the need to mix yourself
• Easy to select the correct fuel using the coloured cans and coloured reminder stickers on your machine
• Protects your health and the environment
We sell Aspen here at Ashley Mowers so please pop in for your supply